Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC)
National Vietnam Veterans Longitudinal Study Registry – Investigator Access
The National Vietnam Veterans Longitudinal Study (NVVLS) Registry is open for access to qualified VA, VA-affiliated, and non-VA investigators working for not-for-profit, academic and research centers. Fees are based on services performed by NVVLS staff to help you complete your study.
5 Steps to Accessing the NVVLS Registry
- Submit a Research Resource Request form to the Program Manager at NVVLSR@va.gov.
- The Program Manager will provide you with a NVVLS Registry Investigator Application. Anyone considering using the NVVLS Registry must complete the application at least 20 business days prior to when the submitting investigator needs completed NVVLS Registry materials.
- Submit the application to the NVVLS Registry.
- All requests are reviewed for scientific and ethical merit. Data access is contingent upon approval by an Institutional Review Board (IRB) and, if applicable, a VA Research and Development (R&D) Committee. To gain access, requestors must sign a VA data use agreement. Requestors must be fully compliant with VA data security, privacy and human subjects requirements.
- After approval, NVVLS Registry staff will create a budget, narrative, letter of support, and signed consortium letter with the local VA R&D office.
Contact the NVVLS Registry Program Manager for more information.